Monday, March 8, 2010

"The difference between style and fashion is quality." ~ Giorgio Armani


Academy Awards day is my favorite day of the year.  More than Christmas, more than my birthday... this day brings me joy like non other.  And although I have quite a few photos for this post... I was kinda disappointed at this year's Oscar red carpet.  I was happy to see that a few highlights came from some of my fashion 1st stringers: Sandra Bullock, Carey Mulligan, Rachel McAdams, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Zoe Saldana (which I know not everyone agrees but I thought looked fantastic).  I was totally surprised by Kristen Stewart's elegance through her trademark awkwardness,  Elizabeth Banks in a wonderfully unexpected shade of grey, and Miley Cyrus (minus her HORRIBLE posture) was lucky enough to score quite possibly my favorite dress of the night.  Meryl Streep, as always, was the definition of understated glamour.... she is a true master of the red carpet with 16 years of practice.  So now I have to wait a whole year until the next Oscar red carpet... Let the countdown begin.

From Top:
Sandra Bullock, in Marchesa,
Carey Mulligan, in Prada
Maggie Gyllenhaal, in Dries Van Noten
 Elizabeth Banks, in Versace
Meryl Streep, in Chris March
Kristen Stewart, in Monique Lhuillier
Rachel McAdams, in Elie Saab Haute Couture
Miley Cyrus, in Jenny Packham
Zoe Saldana, in Givenchy Haute Couture
Photos: Kyle Rover via Style.com

No comments: