Monday, March 29, 2010

"These streets will make you feel brand new"

I spent the majority of last week getting re-aquainted with New York City...without a doubt the greatest city I've ever been to!  Most of that time I was in the lower part of Manhattan (i.e., Chelsea, Greenwich Village, East Village SoHo, ect...).  Definitely one of my favorite things about New York is that wearing heels is second nature to these women.  It doesn't matter how far they have to walk or for how long they're gonna wear some fierce heels.  They wear flats by choice, not necessity.  And when they do wear flats they seem to choose motorcycle style boots to pair with their feminine dresses or torn jeans... fantastic!! I noticed so many amazing pairs of boots and heels walking down the streets of those neighborhoods, causing major shoe envy!! (I had sprained my ankle before the trip and was stuck in flats!)  I also admired quite a few leather jackets on my trip...I saw them in every color, in every style imaginable and loved them all!!  I learned a lot about the city and it's inhabitants not to mention what my next purchases will be. ;) 
So here is my New York "Oh, I wish" list:
Frye Heath Outside Zipper Boot
MIA Roadster Boot
Elizabeth and James E-Sophi Sandal
Rock & Republic Jolene Suede Wrap Pump
Sam Edelman Nevyn Metallic Leather Heel
Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Pru Wood Platform Wedge
LINE Ellen Washed Draped Front Leather Jacket
S.W.O.R.D Padua Leather Jacket
Photos: revolveclothing.com

No comments: