Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lovely Lady

Yes, I know it has been almost 2 months since my last post!! Ahhhh... Sorry!!! So much has happened! I am now a resident of Manhattan, living in a fourth floor walk-up on the Upper East Side.  It has been such an adventure already... quite the adjustment from Chicago! What I have noticed here lately (and it could be because of the horrible heat we've been having) is that some of the normally very fashionable girls are looking more sloppy than downtown chic.  There is a remedy on the way and I was happily reminded by the latest editorials of the polished, 1950s-esque, ladylike pieces that covered the fall runways.  Beautiful jackets, cigarette pants, full skirts, belts, pumps... 
I'm just so excited!!!
Photos: Mona Johannesson by Jimmy Backius for Elle Sweden via fashiongonerogue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her eyes are amazing!

Grandma Jean said...

Where is our lovely lady????? We haven't heard from you in sooooooooo long!